Representing Professionals Since 1985 Put Decades of Experience On Your Side Today SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION

Federal Laws Almost Every Business Encounters

Employer Identification Number (EIN or SSN)

Employers with employees, business partnerships, and corporations must obtain an Employer Identification Number from the I.R.S. Businesses can obtain appropriate Federal income tax forms from this location.

Agency note:

U.S. Department of Treasury

Internal Revenue Service

801 W. Civic Center Drive

Santa Ana, CA 92701

Phone: 714-347-9204

Alternate location for South Orange County:

U.S. Department of Treasury

Internal Revenue Service

24000 Avila Rd., Room 3202, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Additional Office locations:

Proof of Residency Requirement

Employees hired after November 6, 1986, must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service

Santa Ana Field Office

34 Civic Center Plaza

Santa Ana, CA 92701

Phone: 800-375-5283

Copyright Registration

An individual may want to obtain a copyright to protect his/her interests.

U.S. Copyright Office

Library of Congress

101 Independence Ave, SE

Washington, VA, 20559

Phone: 202-707-9100

Registration of Trademarks

An individual may want to register a trademark if it will be used or have an intention to use it in interstate commerce.

U.S. Patent and Trademark Office

600 Dulany Street

Alexandria, VA, 22314

Phone: 800-786-9199